Healthy Helping is available for a limited time for SNAP beneficiaries on Medicaid who receive care management services through Community Care of North Carolina (CCNC). Eligible participants can receive up to six $40 allotments for fruits and vegetables at Food Lion on their MVP card.
Healthy Helping participants must be on SNAP and can be enrolled for up to six months. Enrollment is limited due to funding.
Healthy Helping can be used to buy fresh, frozen, and canned fruits and vegetables without added sugar, salt, or fat.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, individuals must:
- Be a current SNAP recipient
- Be a current Medicaid recipient
- Receive care management services and sign up through Community Care of North Carolina (CCNC)
How to Load Your $40 Benefit
To load $40 onto your MVP card, make a "load purchase" by doing the following:
- Place one item on the belt at the cash register
- Swipe your MVP card or enter your phone number linked to the card
- Pay for the item in full with your SNAP EBT card
- Check your receipt at the bottom to make sure it says, "You have $40 to spend towards fresh fruits and vegetables."
How to Spend & Reload
To spend and reload:
- After completing the load purchase, you can spend your Healthy Helping dollars on healthy fruits and vegetables right away!
- Make a load purchase each month to load another $40 onto your MVP card.
Healthy Helping participants can spend their $40 per month at any North Carolina Food Lion store. Each participant must spend all Healthy Helping funds by the end of the sixth month of enrollment, including the month in which they were enrolled. For example, if enrolled on August 15, 2022, a participant could load and spend six benefit allotments (totalling $240) through January 31, 2023.
Are you a current Healthy Helping participant having trouble with the program? Contact our support team and we’ll resolve your issue quickly.