Healthy Helping is available for a limited time in Mecklenburg County. Eligible participants can receive $40 per month for fruits and vegetables at Food Lion on their MVP card.
All Healthy Helping funds must be spent by October 31, 2021. Enrollment is limited due to funding.
Healthy Helping can be used to buy fresh, frozen, and canned fruits and vegetables without added sugar, salt, or fat.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, individuals must:
- Be a current SNAP recipient
- Be a Mecklenburg County resident
- Sign up through the Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services or Health Department
NOTE: You do not need to be impacted by COVID-19 to be eligible.
How to Load Your $40 Benefit
To load $40 onto your MVP card, make a "load purchase" by doing the following:
- Place one item on the belt at the cash register
- Swipe your MVP card or enter your phone number linked to the card
- Pay for the item in full with your SNAP EBT card
- Check your receipt at the bottom to make sure it says, "You have $40 to spend towards fresh fruits and vegetables."
How to Spend & Reload
To spend and reload:
- After completing the load purchase, you can spend your Healthy Helping dollars on healthy fruits and vegetables right away!
- Make a load purchase each month to load another $40 onto your MVP card.
Healthy Helping participants can spend their $40 per month at any North Carolina Food Lion store. Healthy Helping funds must be spent by October 31, 2021.
Are you a current Healthy Helping participant having trouble with the program? Contact our support team and we’ll resolve your issue quickly.