The Healthy Helping program ends December 30, 2020.
Participants must spend all their Healthy Helping dollars by December 30, 2020. After this date, no Healthy Helping money for fruits and vegetables will be available and nothing will roll over to January 2021.
If you're interested in participating in future produce prescription programs, please sign up for our newsletter.
Healthy Helping provides $40 per month for fruits and vegetables at all North Carolina Food Lion stores. Healthy Helping can be used to buy fresh, frozen, and canned fruits and vegetables without added sugar, salt, or fat.
To be eligible, individuals must:
- Be a current SNAP recipient
- Be impacted by COVID-19
- Be enrolled by a participating care manager or healthcare provider
To load $40 onto your MVP card, make a "load purchase" by doing the following:
- Place one item on the belt at the cash register
- Swipe your MVP card or enter your phone number
- Pay for the item in full with your SNAP EBT card
- Check your receipt at the bottom to make sure it says, "You have $40 to spend towards fresh fruits and vegetables"
To spend and reload:
- After completing the load purchase, you can spend your Healthy Helping dollars on healthy fruits and vegetables right away!
- Make a load purchase each month to load another $40 onto your MVP card.
Healthy Helping participants can spend their $40 per month at any North Carolina Food Lion store for a total of three months.